Monday, December 9, 2013

My very first baptism and more baptisms on the way!!

What up family and friends! I would like to inform you that saturday i had my first baptism! Can you believe it? Her name is Marcelina Aguilera she is 80 years old and single. She seriously is so cute and speaks very little spanish. Mostly guarani. We always have to have a translator. But i dont like translators so i learned some phrases in guarani so that i could communicate with her. I want to learn guarani SO bad. So after i conquer spanish, Guaranii better watch out because im comin in hot and ready to learn. Anyways so the baptism... was.. AWESOME: And she is doing so so great! Her family is members and they are MORE than happy. They couldnt stop crying because they were so happy. It was pretty great. This saturday we have another baptism! With an old fart named Leonor Gonzalez. He too is very old and single. He lives in a house two feet away from marcelina. And i always say that him and good ol marcelina are gonna get hitched. Haha Anyways Leonor is my favorite. He is always trying so hard to learn in the lessons, he always says, That american sure has a good character. I tell him i get it from my grandma. We had a lesson with him the other day about temples and temple work. We had planned to teach about the ten commandments but in the lesson i was strongly impressed that temples was the way to go. In my mind i was thinking about his parents that right now are in the spirit world.. I just felt strongly that they are rooting for leonor to be baptized and they want us to do all we can to help him enter into the waters of baptism. I know.. i sound a bit crazy but im being for reals. Anyways... im super pumped for his baptism this week! Then on the 28th we have another baptism with a chico named rodrigo who is 24 years old and all he does is exercise and work. His family is a less active family. Family Vaez. They seriously are such a great family and we have been working so hard to get them back to church. And everytime they havent come ive just about cried. The daughter, named gaby is my age and she is a stud. she reminds me so much of Olivia. Anyways yesterday this family went to church!!!!!! Boo. ya. I was SOOO happy. And there son rodrigo who NEVER wanted to listen to our lessons or have anything to do with us... showed up too. So after church we had a lesson with him and he said he isnt happy and he is missing something in his life and he accepted the invitation to be baptized. SO awesome. He is a hard worker so i know that he will do alll he can to find this happiness in his life. Then on the 5th of janurary we have another baptism!!!! With this lady name balvina and her son jorge. Balvina is really crazy religous. Our first lesson with her she stood up and closed her eyes and starting praising the lord. I was a little scared but i figured that this was her answer that the church is true. Haha Were hoping to work with them alot so that they can get dunked as well. How awesome no? The missionary work is a miricle. Really, I love to watch these peole grow in the gospel. I love to watch the holy ghost work in their hearts and testify that this gospel is true. I love to be invloved in the work of the lord. Its such a blessing to be here in paraguay. I am overly blessed to have so many of you my family and my friends supporting and rooting for me. I feel the power of your prayers and ask that please dont stop. I need all the help i can get. haha Its a sacrifice to be away from my family and friends for a year and a half. A sacrifice that before, i really didnt understand until now. But I know with all my heart that sacrifices bring blessings. And i have seen the blessings already overflowing here in the mission. Thankyou so much every single one of you. For the packages, for the letters, for the prayers and for the support. I pray for you all every night. My prayer is about 10 minutes long in the night times because i have SO much to thank god for. I love you all! WIth all my heart! Yo quiero compatir mi testimonio con ustedes. Yo se que este evangelio es verdadero. Te quiero mi familia muchisimo y Se que mi familia puede vivir juntos para siempre. Se que a traves este evangelio mi famila puede ser mas unidos. Podemos tener mas felizidad y mas paz si cada uno de nosotros hacemos nuestro parte. Se que Dios tiene mucho amor por cada uno de ustedes. Y como mi abuela siempre dice.. Si guardamos los mandamientos, vamos a recibir MUCHOS bendiciones. Y dejo estas cosas con mucho amor.. en el nombre de nuestro salvador, jesucristo.. Amen chao familia!

No comments:

Post a Comment