Thursday, September 12, 2013

Well Imma gonna go light it up!!!!!!

From: Rachel Hunt 
Sent: Thu 9/12/13 4:54 AM



Hola Familia!!
Thankyou all for your emails! You guys are so great! I only have an hour to write every thursday so I hardly get to read them or reply. Im sorry though! Hopefully you all will learn to write hand written letter you lazy bums!! Just kidding.. but really.
 
My time in the CCM has been great! My spanish is awful! haha, but coming along! The food is great, there is just soooo much meat. The cook is hilarious. Every evening at dinner time when we walk through the line and he dishes us up he will say very seriously, La gusta Gato? Which means do you like cat? and at first everyone was like uh did he just ask us if we like cat? One day its cat, another day is dog or rat or kangaroo, rabbit. Its funnier now that I know he is just joking.
 
 My companions are still cool. Sometimes its hard being in a trio but its still so great! I really like Hermana Buss. we get along so well. She plays rugby! She is a beast. I love her. She reminds me so much of Jessica Maner. (Some one should let her know i said that!) Hermana Dolan and I get along really well too. We constantly make fun of each other and sometimes we get a little out of hand. (Thankyou Taralee/Lacy for teaching me how to make fun of people) Its always funny until someone gets offended. haha
 
Every two weeks another batch of new latinos come in, so our latino roomates just left. I think i mentioned them in my last email? We had Hermana Rodirigez and Hermana Ferari in our room. I love them so much. Hermana ferari reminds me of shakira and the only thing she could say in english was sweet dreams goodnight and it she would say it every night. haha Now hermana rodrigez... she spoke a tiny bit of english which was awesome and she was from Uruguay. She would always wake up in the morning with a new American song stuck in her head. One day it was Im sexy and i know it. hahaha another day it was justing bieber, one day it was Man, i feel like a woman. haha she was a crack up. A few nights before they left i was super frusterated with the language. It was time for bed so the lights were off and we were all trying to go to sleep but i was crying a little bit, trying to hide my tears, haha (Pathetic i know) And all the sudden i felt this hand on my back and heard in a very quiet, sweet voice with very poor english say, 'Dont cry, ill help you with your spanish.' It was a huge tender mercy from the lord. Im crying just typing about it. From that time on i think we had such a special bond. Every time we would kneel down and it was her turn to pray she would pray for me specifically. She offered the last prayer that we had as roomates and she started crying in the middle of her prayer when she asked god to watch over her american hermanas. I miss her so much already but im sure our new latinos will be great as well!
 
I LOVE my district! We have the best Elders out of all the other districts. They crack me up. You dont even understand, I am ALWAYS laughing. I think i told you guys about elder dye who was my favorite last week but this week my favorite is elder bronson from utah. (Go figure) He sits by me in class. He is so funny. He has a hard time with the spanish just like me so we kind of stick together. Today at breakfast we were trying to carry on a conversation with a new latino elder and between the two of us we managed to get his name, where he was from, how old he was, and elder bronson somehow told him he has a pet rock. haha
The majority of my district is pretty athletic so we TRASH the other districts in ultimate frisbee everyday. haha the other districts stopped playing because they just cant hack it.
 

Alright now im gonna get a little spiritual on you guys.. Since we have been here we have had 3 investigators. (They are just are teachers pretending) Well last night we were teaching Pablo about joseph smith. Hermana buss just got done reciting the first vision and hermana dolan asked him some questions and it was my turn to bear my testimony. So here I am, trying to bear my testimony to Pablo the best way i can, Im trying to think of words that I havent learned yet, trying to help pablo feel the spirit and nothing was coming. So i just paused for like 2 minutes straight. I kept thinking that maybe the spirit would put words into my mouth like you always here about but it just wasnt happening. So i started my testimony over. This I bore my testimony from my heart in the simplest was that i knew how. I told pablo that I know jospeh smith was a true prophet and he saw god the father and jesus christ. I told him that i know the book of mormon is the word of god. Through out my testimony i had tears in my eyes and the spirit was just so strong. After my testimony my companions asked him if he would follow the example of our savior jesus christ and be baptized and he said yes. So we set a date for Pablo to be baptized at the end of september.
 
I love being here at the ccm. I love my teachers SO much. I have 2. Hermana gutierez and hermano abad. They are both so different but they are both EXACTLY what i need. Ive learned so much from them and from my experiences here so far.
 
Ever since i got set apart to be a missionary i have worried so much about changing. I have been so stubborn about alot of things in fear of me losing who i am. But ive learned that if Im stubborn and i dont practice exact obidience then I am not giving a 100%. If im not giving 100% then im not going to be an effective missionary. The people of paraguay deserve 100%, God and my savior jesus christ deserves 100%. Family and friends, this church is the true church and i come to know that more and more each day. I know that your prayers help me everyday and i couldnt serve with out them. Each day that goes by i am grateful for all of you and your examples. I miss you all so much. not a day goes by that i dont think about all of you! my time is up! I just had to tell the person waiting behind me to buzz off while i finished. hahaha they arent too happy. Well imma go light it up!!!!!!!!! I love you guys. peace and blessings! toodle loo!

No comments:

Post a Comment