Monday, February 24, 2014

my bishops wife is prego! People remind me of home so I won't miss my family.

Hey there you guys! This week has been great like always. I cant say that nothing exciting happened because exciting things happen everyday. I mean come on, this is missionary life. Am i right or am i right? But even though exciting things happen everyday.. when monday comes along i forget 90% of everything that happened. So my letters are always lame. To start off, I would just like to say that i have my family and friends at home... like my mom, dad, step mom, step dad, brothers sisters, lacy, lynne, taralee, tiff, brooke, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins.... But then also i have peolpe here that remind me EXACTLY of the people i have at home. I think God does that so i wont miss my family so much. For example.. The bishop and his wife.. they are definately my chet and lacy here. They are THE BEST. I love them so much. The wife is like my best friend and her name Romina Lucas... Her and her husband have been trying for so long to try and have a baby and like a month or so ago she told us that she had been to the doctor and he told her that it would be impossible for her to get pregnant unless she does this and this and this.. Well friday when we went to her house to eat, bishop was like, my wife is prego! Well keep in mind that he is alot like chet... always pulling my chain and stuff. So i did not believe him... but its true! She is pregnant! And its a miracle..and she is super happy. Anyways This week i wanted to share a little experience about a less active member that we found.. her name is natalia paiz. She has been a member for almost 7 years. We found her contacting and the next day went and visited her. She is having a rough time..she has done a lot of bad things in her life... seriously i could just see that all of her sins were just wieghing her down. She could barely look us in the eyes. I have never seen someone so sad... So thanks to the spirit we felt that we needed to share with her Alma 36 about when alma the younger felt the same exact way... and he just felt so racked with guilt about all of his sins and he just knew he was going to hell he knew that there wasnt any hope for him... Like all he could think about was all the bad things he had ever done... but then... he remembers something that his dad told him.. about a man who came to world to die for the sins of mankind...Jesus Christ. So when alma remembers what his dad told him about jesus christ he prayed for forgiveness and could remember his sins no more.. He was filled with peace and joy and he knew that thanks to the savior of the world, he would be able to return to live with god once again. When she read these scriptures it was like her world turned right around. I have such a strong testimony of the atonement of christ... although i may not know everything about it.. i trust in it. I know that its because of my savior jesus christ that i have been cleansed of my dumb decisions. I know he lives, and i know he loves me. I know he didnt die for us because his dad made him. It was his own choice and he did out of the mercy of his heart. I know he loves us with every ounce of his atoning blood. I know that i am here to testify of him in all things and at all times and in all places. Anyways this is my letter today.... i love you all and just to let you know i almost have completed a half a year and i just dont know what to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment